[Smlug] SMLUG: Meeting for Saturday, September 21, 2019 at 2:00pm

mjrainey at cableone.net mjrainey at cableone.net
Fri Sep 20 22:00:05 EDT 2019

Greetings SMLUG,

This is a notice for the upcoming meeting of the SMLUG on Saturday, September 21, 2019 at 2:00pm.
The meeting will be held at the following location:

USM Library Gulf Park Campus
730 East Beach Blvd.
Long Beach, MS 39560

The SMLUG will be holding open discussions on Linux, free, and open source related topics.  Member's are encouraged to share topics and projects, if possible a short hands-on demo would be informative and welcomed.  Our meetings are free and open to public.

Eight people were in attendance for the August meeting.  Donald Newcomb brought in a old Dell Laptop to the meeting to see if the group could help him diagnose some issues he was having with the device.  Our meeting location was closing for the day and we ran out of time, so the group was unable to render assistance.  At Donald's last update the laptop became a brick and he decided it was time to bring the project to and end.

For the September meeting Michael Rainey will be demoing a newly created NextCloud server.  He will discuss how the server was created, discuss future configurations, and provide access to the server for any SMLUG members who wish to use it.

See you there.

Michael Rainey
SMLUG BDFL