[Smlug] Meeting for March 2014

Michael Rainey mjrainey at cableone.net
Tue Mar 11 21:55:15 EDT 2014

Greetings SMLUG,

On *Saturday, March 15, 2014* at *2pm*, the *SMLUG* will hold its
monthly meeting for anyone interested in learning about Linux and other
open technologies.

The meeting will be held at the following location:

*Holiday Inn Express*
300 West Beach Blvd.
Long Beach, MS

      This Month's Topic:

During the March meeting we'll use the Arduino to establish a network
connection, capture a pcap file and then have a look at the process in
Wireshark. We'll look at both an Ethernet connection using a shield and
create a wireless connection with a Tandy CC3000 on a breakout board.
Static addressing and DHCP will be discussed along with what is a
gateway and why do I need DNS to reach a website.

See you there.
Michael Rainey